My friend Lina passed me this fab recipe and I love how it turned out! Just what I was hoping for. A simple and classic piece of shortbread. Admittedly, a kitchenaid or other standing mixer is definitely the trick for this one despite how simple the recipe is. *enjoy*
1 cup butter (room temp)
1/2 cup icing sugar
11/2 cups of flour
1. Whip the butter and icing sugar together well — a standing mixer is ideal.
2. Once the mixture is creamy get your flour ready!
3. Set your mixer on a slow-medium speed and slowly add in the flour.
4. Whip in mixer for 5 to 6 minutes.
5. Form balls out of the dough somewhere around a tablespoon in size. Press down slightly with a fork to create thick circles.
6. Place the dough portions on parchment-lined cookie sheet (9-12 per sheet)
7. Place in a 250 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes!
*And voila* ready to serve!
Some people like to add a maraschino cherry on top, but I actually quite like these classic cookies as they are. Great with a cup of tea or hot cocoa !